Canada Emergency Business Account for small businesses and non-profit members
The Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) provides eligible small businesses and not-for-profit members with an interest-free loan of $60,000. If you currently have been approved for the initial $40,000 loan, you may now apply for an additional $20,000. This federal program is designed to help cover operating costs for organizations experiencing temporary revenue reductions as a result of COVID-19.
The deadline to apply for CEBA has been extended to June 30, 2021.
- A loan of $60,000 at 0% interest until December 31, 2022.
- If you have been approved for the initial $40,000 loan, you may now apply for an additional $20,000.
- No minimum monthly principal payments until December 31, 2022.
- Principal repayments can be made at any time.
- $20,000 loan forgiveness is available on the $60,000 loan provided the outstanding balance is fully paid on or before December 31, 2022.
- Please note that the application page is not supported by Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. For more information about how we can help support your business, please contact your Sunova account manager.
Who is eligible?
Sunova business members, including small businesses, not-for-profits, sole proprietors, businesses that employ contractors, and family-owned businesses that pay employees through dividends may be eligible for CEBA.
- The business must have been in operation on March 1, 2020. You’ll need to provide:
- Employer account number, as reported at the top of the 2019 T4 Summary,
- Employment income reported in Box 14 of the 2019 T4, and
- 2019 T4SUM when requested upon audit.
- You must agree to use the funds from this loan to pay for operating costs that cannot be deferred, such as payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, and property tax, as per the requirements of the program set out by the Government of Canada.
- You are a current business member with an active business operating account. Accounts opened after March 1, 2020, may now qualify, given all other eligibility requirements are met. If you currently have a personal account, you must open up a business account for your business to be eligible for CEBA.
- You must apply for this loan from your primary financial institution. Applying for this benefit at more than one financial institution may result in prosecution by the federal government.
- You must meet one of the two eligibility streams below.
Payroll stream criteria
A business with a total payroll between $20,000 to $1.5 million in 2019.
Non-deferrable expenses stream criteria (new!)
To qualify under the expanded eligibility rules, CEBA applicants with payroll lower than $20,000 will need:
- A business operating account at your primary financial institution,
- A Canada Revenue Agency business number,
- A 2018 or 2019 tax return, and
- Eligible non-deferrable expenses between $40,000 and $1.5 million.
The eligible non-deferrable expense categories are as follows:
- Wages and other employment expenses to independent (arm’s length) third parties.
- Rent or lease payments for real estate used for business purposes.
- Rent or lease payments for capital equipment used for business purposes.
- Payments incurred for insurance-related costs.
- Payments incurred for property taxes.
- Payments incurred for business purposes for telephone and utilities in the form of gas, oil, electricity, water and internet.
- Payments for regularly scheduled debt service.
- Payments incurred under agreements with independent contractors and fees required in order to maintain licenses, authorizations or permissions necessary to conduct business by the Borrower.
How can I get my 2019 T4SUM Summary of Remuneration Paid?
You can contact the Canada Revenue Agency for your 2019 T4SUM Summary of Remuneration Paid.
I am a sole proprietor who uses a personal account for their business. Can I still apply?
To be eligible for CEBA, you must be a current business member with a business operating account. Accounts opened after March 1, 2020, may now qualify, given all other eligibility requirements are met. If you currently have a personal account, you must open up a business account for your business to be eligible for CEBA. Please keep in mind that your business must have been in operation on March 1, 2020.
I am unsure if my business will qualify for CEBA. What can I do?
If you have concerns about your eligibility, check out the Government of Canada’s CEBA Pre-Screen Tool to determine your likelihood of qualifying before you apply.
What if I have multiple businesses? Can I apply for the CEBA for each business?
Yes, you can apply for the CEBA for each business that meets the eligibility criteria.
I have other loans with Sunova. Can I still apply for the Canada Emergency Business Account?
Yes, you can still apply for the CEBA if you have other loans with Sunova that are in good standing, and provided you meet the CEBA eligibility requirements.
My business requires the consent of more than one signatory to commit to an action. Can I still apply?
Yes; however, please ensure that only the authorized signer of your business account applies. We cannot accept multiple CEBA applications from the same business account.
What will my loan payments be?
The loan is interest-free until December 31, 2022.
On the $60,000 loan, there will be a forgiveness of $20,000 if $40,000 is fully repaid by December 31, 2022.
Repayments & Maturity:
- No principal repayment required before December 31, 2022.
- If the loan remains outstanding after December 31, 2022, only interest payments are required until the full principal is due on December 31, 2025.
How can I see the status of my CEBA loan?
As an applicant you can view the status of your CEBA loan at https://status-statut.ceba-cuec.ca/. Please wait five to seven business days after finalizing your application before inquiring about the status of your loan.
I have questions about the status of my application. What should I do?
If you have general questions, please reach out to your Sunova account manager.
You may also contact the new CEBA call centre at 1-888-324-4201 for the status of your application. The call centre is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm EST.