At Sunova we know that nothing empowers youth and strengthens communities like education, and we’d like to help.
Each year we award a deserving student with a $7,500 Sunova scholarship. The recipient of this award will be a well-rounded individual who has focused both on educational achievements and community involvement.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has made a lasting impact on everyone he or she knows, embodies Sunova’s culture code, and is loved by the community. Our successful candidate strives for excellence and never settles for second place.
The application for the Sunova scholarship will be available on our website from February 1 to March 31 every year. Interested applicants must submit an online application, as we don’t accept paper applications.
- Interested students apply online.
- Sunova Credit Union will review and score all applications based on predetermined criteria.
- Sunova will contact the successful applicant no later than May 15.
- A Sunova representative will present the scholarship during the recipient’s convocation ceremony.
- The award of $7,500 will be provided once confirmation of enrolment in an accredited post-secondary institution has been provided to Sunova. Sunova will transfer the funds via a cheque to the applicant (unless the applicant requests for Sunova to send it directly to the educational institution).
- Applicant must be a member of Sunova Credit Union.
- Applicant must either be one of the following:
- A high school student graduating grade 12 the year they apply.
- A post-secondary student under 24 years old as of June 30.
- Proof of application to an accredited post-secondary institution in Manitoba. (Any accredited post-secondary institution, including community college or vocational school, will be acceptable).
- Official transcript confirming grade average of 80% or higher.
- An up-to-date resume.
- A 1000 word essay answering the question: ‘How will you use your education to improve your community while embodying Sunova’s culture code?’
- Letter of recommendation from a former teacher, coach, or employer.
- Letter of recommendation from a charity or organization that the applicant is currently involved with.
- Willingness to publish name and photo, and participate in the promotion of the program if selected as the successful candidate.
Our application is open from February 1 – March 31.