Sunova is looking for one awesomely kind, forward-thinking university (or college!) bound student to give $7,500 to. Yes, the Sunova scholarship is up for grabs again and we must say, $7,500 is a lotta cash. It could get you 150 tanks of gas or 3378 all-nighter McDoubles or 40,353 blue Bic pens (yes, we did the math).
Along with a desire to further your education with post-secondary schooling, to receive this award you must be involved in the community. We’re looking for someone who has made a lasting impact on people he or she knows. Someone who embodies Sunova’s culture code, and is loved by the community.
You will have the chance to tell us how awesome you are in your application essay, where you’ll answer the question: ‘How will you use your education to improve your community while embodying Sunova’s culture code?’.
This is your chance to win some serious cash to put towards your post-secondary education. With a million things to save for, it’s worth it to apply for this scholarship!
Sunova scholarship application process
The application for the Sunova scholarship will be available on our website from February 1 to March 31 every year. Interested applicants must submit an online application, as we don’t accept paper applications.
- Interested students will apply online February 1 – March 31.
- Sunova will review and score all applications based on predetermined criteria from April 1 – April 30.
- Sunova will contact the successful applicant no later than May 15.
- A Sunova representative will present the scholarship. If the successful applicant is in high school, this will be during the recipient’s convocation ceremony.
- The award of $7,500 will be provided once confirmation of enrolment in an accredited post-secondary institution has been provided to Sunova. Sunova will transfer the funds via a cheque to the applicant (unless the applicant requests for Sunova to send it directly to the educational institution).
Before you apply, make sure you meet the following application requirements.
- You must be a member of Sunova Credit Union to apply.
- Applicants must either be:
- A high school student graduating grade 12 in 2020.
- A post-secondary student under 24 years old as of June 30, 2020.
- You will need to attach the following with your application:
- Proof of application to an accredited post-secondary institution in Manitoba. (Any accredited post-secondary institution, including community college or vocational school, will be acceptable).
- An up-to-date resume.
- A letter of recommendation from a former teacher, coach, or employer.
- A letter of recommendation from a charity or organization that the applicant is currently involved with.
- Your 1000-word essay answering the question: ‘How will you use your education to improve your community while embodying Sunova’s culture code?’
- Be willing to have your name and photo published, and participate in the promotion of the program if you’re selected as the successful candidate.
Applications are now closed for 2020. The 2021 application will open February 1, 2021.