At Sunova we know that nothing empowers youth and strengthens communities like education, and we’d like to help.
Each year we award a deserving student with a $7,500 Sunova scholarship. The recipient of this award will be a well-rounded individual who has focused both on educational achievements and community involvement. We’re looking for someone who embodies the same values as Sunova: innovative spirit, trusted integrity, genuine connections, feisty independence, trailblazing success, and happy smiles. Our ideal candidate will be someone who has made a lasting impact on everyone he or she knows and who is loved by the community. Our successful candidate strives for excellence and never settles for second place.
The application for the Sunova scholarship will be available on our website from the week of February 5 to March 31 every year. Interested applicants must submit an online application, as we don’t accept paper applications.
- Sunova will open the online application form and start accepting submissions the week of February 5.
- Submissions close as of 11:59 pm on March 31. We will not accept late submissions.
- Applicants must fill out the online application below.
- Sunova Credit Union will review and score all applications based on predetermined criteria.
- Sunova will contact the successful applicant no later than May 15.
- A Sunova representative will present the scholarship during the recipient’s convocation ceremony.
- The award of $7,500 will be provided once confirmation of enrolment in an accredited post-secondary institution has been provided to Sunova. Sunova will transfer the funds via a cheque to the applicant (unless the applicant requests for Sunova to send it directly to the educational institution).
- High school applicants must be in grade 12 and graduating the year they apply.
- Applicants who have already graduated high school must be under the age of 24 as of June 30.
- Applicants must show proof of application to an accredited post-secondary institution in Manitoba. (Any accredited post-secondary institution, including community college or vocational school, will be acceptable).
- Applicant must be a member of Sunova Credit Union.
- Official transcript confirming grade average of 80% or higher.
- Applicant must submit an up-to-date resume.
- Applicant must submit a 1000 word essay answering the question: ‘How will you use your education to improve your community while embodying Sunova’s values?’
- Letter of recommendation from a former teacher, coach, or employer.
- Letter of recommendation from a charity or organization that the applicant is currently involved with.
- Willingness to publish name and photo, and participate in the promotion of the program if selected as the successful candidate.
Our application is closed for the year. Please come back on February 1, 2019 to apply.