A faster, safer way to pay
With convenience and security, Google Pay™ is your key to pay in millions of places – online, in stores, and more!
Adding your card to Google Pay
Google Pay is compatible with most modern Android devices with Android Lollipop 5.0 or above across multiple manufacturers (including Huawei, Samsung and Blackberry) and form factors (including mobile phones, tablets and wearables).
Adding your Sunova debit card or Mastercard® to Google Pay is easy.
Smartphone or tablet
- Download Google Pay from the Google Play Store.
- Open the Google Pay app.
- Tap the (+) sign.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your Sunova debit card or Mastercard.
- Open Google Pay on the watch.
- Tap (+) to Add Card to choose from cards on your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
As a security measure, you will need to complete a verification to activate the card. This verification can be done by one of three methods. (Sunova debit cards only).
- A one-time passcode is sent via email,
- A one-time passcode is sent via text (SMS), or
- You can choose to call Help HQ to activate the card in your mobile wallet.
How to pay
Once Google Pay is set up on your device, it’s time to shop!
Smartphone or tablet
- Unlock your device.
- Hold your device over the terminal until you see a blue checkmark on the screen.
- On your watch, open the Google Pay app.
- Hold your watch over the contactless payment terminal until you hear a sound or feel a vibration from your watch.
With Google Pay, you can check out in apps without having to enter your payment information. Shop, order takeout, (and more!) with the simple press of a button.
Where to use Google Pay
Google Pay using your Sunova debit card or Mastercard works wherever Interac® Flash is accepted. Just look for the Interac® Flash logo or contactless symbol at the checkout. Some stores will also display the Google Pay logo.
You can also pay online and in-app wherever the Buy with Google Pay button is displayed.
Reach out to Sunova’s Help HQ or learn more here: https://support.google.com/pay/?hl=en#topic=7625138
If you have questions about your Sunova Mastercard, download this handy FAQ.
The legal stuff
Google Pay is governed in accordance with the Terms and Conditions that you accepted when adding your card to Google Pay, and the Sunova Credit Union debit card agreement that you signed when receiving your card.
©2020 Google LLC All rights reserved. Android and Google Pay are trademarks of Google LLC.®Interac, the Interac logo and Interac Flash are trademarks of Interac Corp. Used under licence.
The Sunova Mastercard is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. in a joint partnership with Sunova Credit Union Limited pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.