round your way up to riches with nickel + dime
We’ve all had one: the jar or container that you toss your small change in because you don’t want to carry a pocket full of coins. We’ve also all hoped that maybe, one day, this change would amount to enough to buy dinner or a movie. Now, what if we applied that same principle to all purchases made with plastic too? The opportunities for saving are endless! That’s where Sunova’s Nickel & Dime Savings comes in.
Every time you make a purchase with your Sunova debit card, we will automatically round up your purchase to the nearest dollar amount and transfer the difference from your chequing to your Superior Savings account free of charge. It’s like a virtual change jar!
For example, if your total comes to $19.25 at your local grocery store, the total debit from your chequing account will be $20.00 with the $0.75 transferred automatically to your Superior Savings account.
- Doesn’t cost you anything
- Helps you reach your saving goals faster
- Makes saving money easy and painless
- Still have full access to your funds so you can withdraw them when you need them
Terms and conditions
- Only personal accounts are eligible.
- We aggregate the roundup total from purchases that post to your chequing account each day and make a single transfer at the end of the day. If you do not have sufficient funds in your chequing account or if any transaction has overdrawn your chequing account, we do not round up your purchases and we cancel the Nickel & Dime Savings transfer for that day.
- If your debit card purchase is subsequently cancelled or reversed, the corresponding Nickel & Dime Savings transfer will remain in your Superior Savings account.
- The Nickel & Dime Savings service may be cancelled at any time.