see you later mail. sign up for CRA direct deposit at sunova.
Say goodbye to waiting for your cheques in the mail, sign up for Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) direct deposit through Sunova GO Web today.
Why should you sign up for direct deposit?
- It’s easy. You only need to sign up once to allow a variety of CRA payments to be deposited directly in your Sunova account (see the list below).
- It’s quick. You won’t have to wait for the mail to come anymore and you skip any delays from the outside world. Your money goes right into your account (kind of magical).
- It’s secure. Signing up through Sunova GO Web is secure and keeps your money and information safe.
How to sign up
To sign up, you’ll need to have filed at least one personal income tax return before or have already set up an account with the CRA. Before you start, make sure you have your social insurance number (SIN) handy.
- Sign in to Sunova GO Web (desktop version).
- From the settings menu, select CRA direct deposit enrolment.
- Choose the account you want payments to be deposited into.
- Enter your SIN.
- Confirm your birthdate (if it doesn’t match your tax records, please contact Help HQ to update your Sunova account).
- Agree to the privacy statement and click ‘complete’ to allow Sunova Credit Union to share your banking information with the CRA for the purpose of establishing or changing direct deposit.
- Review the confirmation.
What payments you’ll receive
With CRA direct deposit, you will be able to electronically receive these payment types:
- Canada emergency response benefit
- Income tax refund
- Goods and services tax and any similar provincial and territorial payments
- Canada child benefit
- Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB)
- Deemed overpayment of tax
When you’ll see changes on your CRA account
After signing up through Sunova GO Web, you should see your deposit information in your CRA account in about two business days.
If you already have CRA direct deposit set up
If you already have CRA deposit set up and are happy with the account your payments are being added to, you’re all set.
If you want to switch what account your money goes into, or start receiving your payments to your Sunova account instead, complete the set up through Sunova GO Web. This will replace all previous CRA deposit authorizations you created.
How to update your CRA information
If you need to change the contact information you provided to the Canada Revenue Agency or remove a direct deposit from your CRA account, you’ll need to call the CRA at 1.800.959.8281.