stop living on mac and cheese (unless of course you like mac and cheese and in that case go for it!)
Ah, the life of a post-secondary student. All-nighters, studying, and living off mac and cheese. While we can’t help you study physics or teach you how to cook, we can definitely help you with your financial woes. That’s where a student line of credit comes in. To break it down for you, our student line of credit is different from a traditional loan because you only use what you need, when you need it. And, because of this, you only pay interest on the amount you actually use!
Here are a couple highlights:
- Rates as low as prime (OAC).
- Easy access to your money with a Sunova debit card at an ATM, by writing a cheque, or by visiting your local branch.
- Pay just the interest on your balance owed while you’re in school and for up to one year after graduation.
- Lower cost of borrowing by using only what you need, when you need it.
- Repay part or all of your balance whenever you want without penalty.
- Take up to 15 years to pay off the outstanding balance!
So how do you get hooked up with one of these sweet lines of credit? First you’ve got to meet the following criteria:
Any full-time student entering any year of post-secondary education at a Canadian or non-Canadian university, college, or registered vocational school is eligible to borrow up to $10,000 per year to a maximum of $40,000 over four years of study. Part-time undergraduates are eligible for up to $5,000 per year to a maximum of $40,000 over eight years of study.
Students enrolled in graduate studies may be eligible for up to $60,000!
Does this sound like you? If so visit one of our awesome branches and we’ll have you eating premium mac and cheese* in no time!
* Premium mac and cheese ingredients not supplied by Sunova.