Sunova commits to meeting and exceeding our obligations under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA).
Our accessibility policy outlines our ongoing practices and measures relating
to the requirements of the customer service standard:
- Meet the communication needs of customers – Sunova will take the accessibility needs of people with disabilities into account with communications with customers. Employees will communicate using methods that allows people with disabilities to use, receive and request services and facilities with the same quality and timeliness as others.
- Provide barrier-free access – Sunova will allow assistive devices, such as wheelchairs, walkers and oxygen tanks and confirm that accessibility for these is maintained as intended (ramps, wide aisles, removal of clutter).
- Welcome service animals and support persons – Sunova will welcome support people, who are there to assist members, as well as any service animals.
- Update on service outages – Sunova will let customers know when accessible features and services are not available, through social media as well as all digital signage.
- Welcome feedback – We invite all customers to provide feedback on our accessibility policy. You may do so by sending us a contact form.
- Staff training – Sunova will ensure that all employees who provide advice, products, or services, or those who are involved in developing policies, practices, or procedures governing the provision of products and services to Sunova customers, participate in accessible service training. New employees will receive training as part of their orientation.
On an ongoing basis, Sunova will monitor The Accessibility for Manitoban’s Act and its related standards. Sunova’s Accessibility Policy will be reviewed and if required updated bi-annually to ensure consistency with legislation.